10/12/15-Welcome back from break! There is no school on Tuesday, October 13th due to Teacher Institute Day.
7/9/15 - We are now accepting payments for meals and bus. Please stop by the school office between 7:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m to make payments.
5/13/2015 - STEAM at Pu'u Kukui. Click on the image to the left to see how we worked with Energy this year.
3/5/15 - Checks now accepted! Pu`u Kukui School has begun accepting personal and business checks for payment. (Note: The Department of Education shall assess and collect an additional service charge of $25.00 for any dishonored (bad) check in accordance with Chapter 40-35.5 H.R.S.) Pu`u Kukui School will also maintaina list of individuals and organizations that have presented dishonored (bad) checks for payment. Check writing privileges will be suspended. Reinstatement of check writing privileges would be subject to administrator's approval.
1/7/15- Parking and Traffic Changes:
- The three parking stalls nearest the main office have been marked for "Visitors" only. They are intended for short-term visitors to conduct business in the Main Office and elsewhere on campus. Parent volunteers and staff may not park in these stalls. Unmarked stalls are open to all.
- There has been one accident and many near-misses in the parking lot during student drop-off and pick-up. For safety, heed all traffic rules. Specifically, there is no parking or unloading along the red curbs or at the rear of campus.
- Please stay patient as you wait in your car for your child. Do not pass or cut in front of loading cars, even if they are in a red zone or if they fail to pull as far forward as possible.
Thanks for keeping Pu`u Kukui a safe place! (from Mr. Dillon - VP)
Beginning in July we will have a computer set up in the office for EZ meal applications. You can also apply on your own at: http://ezmealapp.com
Aloha and welcome to Pu`u Kukui Elementary School!
Pu`u Kukui Elementary was named after the summit of the West Maui Mountains and can be defined as "hill of enlightenment." Our goal is to create an environment where learning for all is of priority.
You are now an official Pu`u Kukui `Ohana (family) member. Welcome to our family! We will do our best to keep you informed, working together to assist your child to exceed their potential. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have questions or concerns.
This website will be used as a communication tool where you can find information about the school.
Successful children have families that make education a priority and participate in the school in some way. If you are interested in getting involved in our school community, please let us know. There are many ways to get involved.
Please click on the contact link on the website if you have any questions or need assistance. We look forward to developing a positive relationship with you and hope to see you soon!
Pu`u Kukui Elementary School
"Annual Notification of Privacy Rights" - "Know your privacy rights as they apply to 1) student record information; 2) directory information; 3) surveys and other information collection; and 4) military recruitment information. For more information on your privacy rights, the laws that protect them, and how to exercise your rights, contact your school administrator or visit http://bit.ly/FERPAHI."
"Parental Right to Request Teacher Qualifications" - "As a parent/guardian of a Hawaii Department of Education student, you have the right to know the professional qualifications of the classroom teacher(s) and the educational assistant(s) who instruct your child. Federal law allows you to ask for certain information about your child’s classroom teacher(s) and educational assistant(s) and requires us to give you this information in a timely manner upon request." Please contact our school office (727-3000) if you need the following information:
1. Whether the teacher has met licensing criteria and has earned the designation of Highly Qualified for the grade levels and subject areas in which he/she teaches.
2. Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria have been waived.
3. The teacherʻs college major, whether the teacher has any advancdd degrees and, if so, the subject of the degrees; and
4. Whether any teachersʻ aides or similar paraprofessionals provide services to your child and, if they do, their qualifications.