4/2/2015 - Spirit Week is the week of April 6th - 10th. Each day of the week has a special theme. <details-click here>
3/30/2015 - Program Design Contest - Would you like to enter a design for our Ho'ike Program Cover? Here's the details <details>. All entries are due to the library by Friday, April 10th at 2:30 p.m.
3/25/15 - There is no school on Thursday, March 26, 2015 in honor of Kuhio Day. There will be school on Friday, March 27th. Friday, April 3, 2015 will also be a day off for all teachers and students in honor of Good Friday.
3/13/15 - Requesting a teacher for school year 2015-2016 - If you choose to request a teacher for the next school year, please download, complete and return a teacher request form. Teacher requests will be prioritized based on the reason provided on the returned form. A cap of 1/3 of the class will be teacher requests to ensure a balanced class list. Teacher request form (word doc) | Teacher request form (pdf document). All requests are due by March 30, 2015.
3/9/15 - There will be no school for students on Friday, March 13th. It is a workday for teachers. Our Spring Break for students begins on March 13th and school resumes on Monday, March 23rd.
3/9/15 - Please consider participating in the Maui 5K for Kids. For more information check out the registration details in the Maui 5K flyer.
3/5/15 - Checks now accepted! Pu`u Kukui School has begun accepting personal and business checks for payment. (Note: The Department of Education shall assess and collect an additional service charge of $25.00 for any dishonored (bad) check in accordance with Chapter 40-35.5 H.R.S.) Pu`u Kukui School will also maintain a list of individuals and organizations that have presented dishonored (bad) checks for payment. Check writing privileges will be suspended. Reinstatement of check writing privileges would be subject to administrator's approval.
2/27/15 - Our Spring Fling is here! It should be an exciting event with activities for everyone, great food, and a Student Variety Show. Parking and shuttles are available at the County Building Parking Lot. So park at the county building parking lot and catch a shuttle to the SPRING FLING (and back)! See you on Saturday, February 28th from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
2/12/15 - SPRING FLING
- 2-night stay at Sheraton Maui with a breakfast buffet for two
- 2-night stay at Ala Moana Hotel
- "Lunch with the Mayor"
- VIP parking & seating for our school Ho'ike
- Family YMCA Membership for a year
- ATV & Waterslide Tour
- Restaurant Gift Certificates and more
- Plus, unique and one-of-a-kind classroom art projects
2/12/15 - President's Day - There will be no school on Monday, February 16th due to President's Day.
1/7/15 - Happy New Year! We hope everyone has had a restful break. Pu'u Kukui weathered the recent storm with just a few leaks and some fallen trees. Our custodial staff has been hard at work cleaning the campus and getting it ready for school to begin again on the 12th. Teachers report back to school on Friday, January 9th for a teacher work day and students will begin third quarter on Monday, January 12th.
1/7/15- Parking and Traffic Changes:
- The three parking stalls nearest the main office have been marked for "Visitors" only. They are intended for short-term visitors to conduct business in the Main Office and elsewhere on campus. Parent volunteers and staff may not park in these stalls. Unmarked stalls are open to all.
- There has been one accident and many near-misses in the parking lot during student drop-off and pick-up. For safety, heed all traffic rules. Specifically, there is no parking or unloading along the red curbs or at the rear of campus.
- Please stay patient as you wait in your car for your child. Do not pass or cut in front of loading cars, even if they are in a red zone or if they fail to pull as far forward as possible.
Thanks for keeping Pu`u Kukui a safe place! (from Mr. Dillon - VP)
8/29/2014 - Looking for a job? We are always seeking Adult Supervisors. This is a paid position which also provides the opportunity to support the school and serve our students.
Looking to volunteer? We are also seeking the help of family volunteers in supervising our drop-off and pick-up areas. Even if it’s just a couple days a week, we would really appreciate parent support in these areas.
If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Mr.Dillon in the Main Office (727-3000).
We no longer have computers set up in the office for EZ meal applications, however you can still apply online at: http://ezmealapp.com
"Annual Notification of Privacy Rights" - "Know your privacy rights as they apply to 1) student record information; 2) directory information; 3) surveys and other information collection; and 4) military recruitment information. For more information on your privacy rights, the laws that protect them, and how to exercise your rights, contact your school administrator or visit http://bit.ly/FERPAHI."
"Parental Right to Request Teacher Qualifications" - "As a parent/guardian of a Hawaii Department of Education student, you have the right to know the professional qualifications of the classroom teacher(s) and the educational assistant(s) who instruct your child. Federal law allows you to ask for certain information about your child’s classroom teacher(s) and educational assistant(s) and requires us to give you this information in a timely manner upon request." Please contact our school office (727-3000) if you need the following information:
1. Whether the teacher has met licensing criteria and has earned the designation of Highly Qualified for the grade levels and subject areas in which he/she teaches.
2. Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria have been waived.
3. The teacherʻs college major, whether the teacher has any advancdd degrees and, if so, the subject of the degrees; and
4. Whether any teachersʻ aides or similar paraprofessionals provide services to your child and, if they do, their qualifications.
Message from Mr. Okamoto
Aloha and welcome to Pu`u Kukui Elementary School!
Pu`u Kukui Elementary was named after the summit of the West Maui Mountains and can be defined as "hill of enlightenment." Our goal is to create an environment where learning for all is of priority.
You are now an official Pu`u Kukui `Ohana (family) member. Welcome to our family! We will do our best to keep you informed, working together to assist your child to exceed their potential. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have questions or concerns.
This website will be used as a communication tool where you can find information about the school.
Successful children have families that make education a priority and participate in the school in some way. If you are interested in getting involved in our school community, please let us know. There are many ways to get involved.
Please click on the contact link on the website if you have any questions or need assistance. We look forward to developing a positive relationship with you and hope to see you soon!
Pu`u Kukui Elementary School